Beltane is a small bar / cafe in Buxton I’d wandered past a few times and had always wanted to pop in. Last week we had our chance – we’d been out for an afternoon meeting and E needed a feed.
Beltane had always intrigued me because through the window I could spot comfy seats and (you know the way to my heart) there was free wifi.
The most annoying part was getting our
bloody awkward really useful 3 wheeler pushchair through an angled step, negotiating the steep hill. Once in it was all good, I settled E next to a comfy sofa and ordered a decaf black coffee and some nuts to nibble on.
You know those decaf coffees that taste sooooo good you forget there’s no caffeine? Yep, it was one of those 🙂 It was a really chilled atmosphere, partly due to it being mid afternoon so after the lunchtime rush and before the evening drinkers arrived.
Hubby came to meet us and had a beer while I topped up on fruit juice liquids (boobing mama mantra DRINK <<< said in Father Jack style). It was then a quick change for baby E before heading off on more adventures.
Baby friendliness overview:
- Chilled atmosphere, relaxed setting
- Comfortable boobing sitting in the squishy sofa and didn’t feel too exposed
- Felt baby friendly with baby changing facilities
- Decaf drinks – goooooood coffee
- Lunch time menu looked good
- Plenty of space for pushchairs
- Free wifi
- Bit of a bugger getting a pushchair up the step into the bar!
- Bar rather than cafe so limited snack options (i.e. no cake)
In summary – lovely relaxed setting, will be back to check out the lunch menu.